Lazy brunch frittata….. kedgeree you can eat by the slice!
This is my take on the perfect lazy Sunday breakfast. I love kedgeree, but wanted something that you can prepare in advance, and which will double for the lunch box on Monday. This is my answer. Kedgeree Frittata.
You will need
- 300 gr smoked mackerel (I used a peppered version)
- bag young spinach
- Microwavable curried rice
- 11 eggs
- Half cup sultanas
- Handful coriander
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Tbs olive oil
- Large onion or cup chopped prepared onion
In order to make the frittata, you will need a large, deep, frying pan.
- Boil 3 of the eggs until they are hard, 6 minutes at least, remove from heat, cool, remove shells carefully and chop up he eggs. Reserve.
- Heat the grill to hot.
- Debone and remove skin from fish, flake. Put to one side.
- Microwave the rice.
- Beat the remaining 8 eggs.
- Chop and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Wash the spinach, dry and remove any thick stalks.
- Wash and chop coriander.
- Add spinach and coriander to the onion. Fry until spinach is wilted.
- Rice, fish and chopped eggs, season, then add the remaining eggs and continue to fry until base has set. Add a splash of milk if it looks too dry (this will depend on egg size).
- Remove and finish off under the grill for five minutes.
- Serve hot, sliced and with a green salad if desired, or cold the next day.
This post is an entry for #ShortcutsEggsperts Link Challenge sponsored by British Lions Eggs. Find more recipes at http://www.eggrecipes.co.uk. We all loved this recipe, as it is very simple and quick with the microwaveable rice. It easily serves 6-8, so enough for supper and lunch boxes the next day.