Pineapple, pear and white chocolate cake

Easy moist cake which doubles as a pudding

This is based on another the recipe from A Girl Called Jack’s 100 Delicious Budget Recipes.

I have to declare that I upped the ante a bit by using a luxury brand of white chocolate and some fresh juicy pears and tinned pineapple instead of tinned peaches, but the point is it’s an easy to make bake, which is great for a treat, pudding or school fete tray bake. And you can easily experiment and ring the changes!

pineapple pear and white chocolate cake

To make the pineapple, pear and white chocolate cake, you will need just 6 ingredients and a tray bake tin (roughly 2ocms by 20cms).

• 250g butter
  • 200g self raising flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 200g fruit (small tin of pineapple rings drained and flesh of one ripe pear)
  • 100g white chocolate
  • 200g sugar

Making the pineapple, pear and white chocolate cake is very simple.

1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/180C
  2. Grease the tin (I rub it with a piece of kitchen roll dabbed in olive oil and line the base with grease-proof paper).
  3. Cream together the sugar and butter. (Tip: Soften the butter first and cut into cubes)
  4. Beat in the eggs gradually and keep beating until the mix is smooth.
  5. Sift in the flour and stir well together.
  6. Chop up the drained fruit and add to the mix.
  7. Chop up the chocolate (or put in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin). Add to the mix and stir well.
  8. Pour into the tin and bake until golden (about 40 minutes). Test by putting a knife in the centre…it’s ready when it comes away clean!
  9.  Leave to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting. And enjoy!

This makes 6-8 slices.

For CFers: If you divide into 8, it gives you about 34 grams of fat a slice. (If you’re on a diet, try not to concentrate on the fact that it counts towards one of your five-a-day!).

Joining with Honest Mum’s #TastyTuesday. Joining too with a Mummytoo’s #RecipeoftheWeek.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.comLink up your recipe of the week

About sarah

Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care. Property lawyer, sometime developer, writer and mother, coffee lover and cat-napper. I blog about life as a mum in North Wilts.
This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Pineapple, pear and white chocolate cake

1. Honest Mum says:

Oh wow, this looks so fluffy and delicious, a perfect dessert and so simple too, love this! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

2. Alison says:

That looks amazing, shame you can’t reach into the computer and grab it!

• sarah says:

Thanks Alison…..not so sure about that. I would be seriously over target my sugar/fat intake if that were possible (actually I’d be hard pressed to fit through the door…already finding it hard to resist!).

3. This looks delicious and I bet would be really yummy with either ice cream or custard! #TastyTuesdays

4. Mel says:

Yum! I will probably try this recipe with dark chocolate instead. I have to get hubby to get me Jack’s book for mother’s day. Mel #TastyTuesdays

• sarah says:

Thanks Mel. Think you’ll really like the book. TBH though I splurged on this one..Llindt chocolate and fresh pears…at least I resisted adding any whisky! That said, made one of Jack’s pasta meals and I managed to stay on budget! At least I’m thinking about it!

5. I’m not a huge fan of pears but these sound delicious #tastytuesdays

6. Oh, that looks good!

Minor question – it says 4 ingredients and then you’ve listed 6 – am I missing something?

• sarah says:

Whoops…you are absolutely correct. I need a continuity editor, four for the basic sponge….not that that matters. You are right, mea culpa. Thanks for pointing out!

7. I love the flavours you have used, sounds delicious.

8. Maruja Romero says:

I have a Jacklalene (juice extractor) and every single day I make juice from fresh pineapple. The pulp from the pineapple remains in a container, I was looking for a recipe to use the flesh, and I just find it. It is wonderfull, rich and easy. I did not use pear, they are very expensive here in Venezuela, and are not tastefull; we have chayote, cooked is as good as apple to give some consistency. Do you know Chayote? By the way, I used normal dark venezuelan chocolate, Cimarron.
    Thanks.

9. Maruja Romero says:

Since I am here I will give you a wonderfull way to prepare a fresh and rich and easy refreshment. Do not discard the pineapple skin, but put it in a cristal o glass container and pour water to cover. Use a lid, and set in a place for two days, no more, because becomes ugly. Strain the liquid, discard the skin. Put sugar and cool it. Drink with ice in hot summer days.
    This liquid was used by the indians to make chicha, but that is another history.
    Thanks.

10. Cor, look at the texture on that. Sounds wonderful. Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. I’ve pinned and tweeted this post and hope to see you linking up again soon! :D x