This Bank Holiday Weekend has definitely had a food theme. First off, there was the big #MorrisonsMum shop (more on that later.) Secondly, yesterday saw us at the village show, dressing cakes and enviously eyeing up the matching eggs (another post coming on).
We’ve been definitely full-on foodie. However, it’s not entirely escaped my attention that I need to (a) rein back the budget and (b) start eating some proper lunches. This easy pasta meal scores on both counts. I used Morrison’s Savers range and herbs from the garden to keep costs down.
You will need
- 160 g pasta (31p)
- 1 onion, chopped. (23p)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (10p)
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, cut into small pieces (45p)
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated (32p), plus a little to garnish if desired.
- 25 g Savers hard cheese (or use Parmesan) (29p)
- olive oil
- 200 ml plain Savers yoghurt (18p)
- Handful of fresh herbs, chopped, such as Thyme and Parsley.
- To make, simply fry the onion, garlic and bacon in the oil until onion is soft and golden. Pour off excess oil.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta until soft.
- Add the cheese and yoghurt to the onion and bacon.
- Drain the pasta. Return to the pan. Add the cheese/bacon/onion mix to the pasta and mix well so it is coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with torn herbs and grated cheese, if desired.
This serves two as a snack or light lunch. (It was perfect for me and Boy). And cost us exactly £1.88 to make, so less than a pound a serving!
Joining with Honest Mum’s #TastyTuesday.